Monday, November 10, 2008

The Awesome Depression

"Great" just isn't a strong enough word.  The current economic situation has affected me but I'm not too upset about it.

Even though the very few people who read this blog already know about this, I figured I'd put it out there anyway.  Late last month, I parted ways with my employer in a fairly amicable lay-off. It was not my decision.

When it happened I experienced some sense of rejection and humiliation, but I soon embraced the accompanied euphoria in not having to report to work for "the man" every day.

I'm sharing on this fairly personal information on this very-public forum because I needed to explain my bloggin hiatus, which was due to the loss of the computer that was part of my relationship with my past employer.

In the meantime, if anyone needs freelance contruction work, handyman services, someone to chop wood, babysit, or general day labor, let me know.  Work requests can be sent to brettaramsey@gmail.com.

In the meantime I'll be busy growing my "freedom beard" for the rest of the year.

1 comment:

Bert said...

I miss your beard.