Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Now You Don't Have to Be Crazy to Talk to Yourself

Living in South St. Louis, I have seen my fair share of crazy people. People who talk to trees, scream at passing cars, and once I even saw a woman pushing a shopping cart down the street in her birthday suit.

These days my office is in Creve Couer and occasionally I believe I am seeing the same thing only the people are better dressed and drive nicer cars. I was wrong. They only appear to be crazy. It's technology, dude. Bluetooth.
Now I'm not opposed to hands free devices for cell phones; sometimes I use them myself. I'm only reacting to my experience this morning when I hadn't yet finished my morning cup of joe and I saw a woman walking through the parking lot telling herself jokes and cackling to herself.

I immediately thought that she was insane until I got closer and saw the motorola razr strapped to her belt. So I guess now it's acceptable to look like you're talking to yourself/act like you belong in a nuthouse. and I'm okay with that.

No comments: