Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Death to the Dry Cleaners, Free Wrinkles for All!

That's the title of my new album.

I spilt a beverage on my laptop and now it doesn't go. Hence, my study procrastination postings have been slowing down. Finals on borrowed laptop, super. I'd also like to apologize for my last two posts, they were sexist and not very funny. I promise to make up for it after Thursday, schools out and I have a real hum-dinger I've been storing up. Yes, a, hum, dinger.

Ir-regardless, I thought I'd throw up this piece o' google videography:

(A little premise, Will Leitch is emo-y kid from St. Louis that writes Deadspin.com, which if you have even an effiminate homosexual's interest in sports, and have visited the interweb's series of tubes, you should be familar with him. Big Daddy Drew is one of the chief writers of Kissing Suzy Kolber, which is where I like to steal all of my obscene joke ideas from.)



There is some reaction here and here, but does the crazy old man representing a dying medium have a point? What's going to happen when dick and fart jokes take over mainstream media? Will it become socially acceptable to drop F-bombs within earshot of a little league game, forever ridding college kids of the self-reflective shame of their everyday vocabulary? Will kids in the future have to develop cool new swear words we haven't even thought of? Will the suffix "-kakke" eventually become socially acceptable despite it's sick, sick, and very wrong origin (see, less sexist)?

Will anyone know how to fix my laptop?

Will Blogger let me use a Helvetica font someday?

Will the rest of world join with me against Dry Cleaning's opression?

No comments: